1.1. Concepts, goals, forms and components of internationalization.
Internationalization is the expansion of bilateral and multilateral links and contacts between educational institutions in different countries, on the basis of equal and mutually beneficial cooperation.
Internationalization of higher education - the integration of international, intercultural and global elements into the educational process with the involvement of students, staff and teachers.
Internal internationalization is the creation of a culture and climate within the university that promotes and supports international and intercultural understanding. At the same time, the implementation of all programs, projects, research contains an international dimension (meets international standards, includes foreign experience, is implemented jointly with foreign partners).
External internationalization is the process of cross-border provision of educational products and services to foreign countries through different educational technologies and through different administrative agreements.
Objectives of internationalization:
- modernization and enhancement of competitiveness of educational programs and research;
- raising the level of income from export of educational services.
Forms of internationalization:
- mobility of students or teaching staff for educational purposes;
- mobility of educational programs and institutional mobility;
- formation of new international standards for educational programs;
- integration into the curricula programs international norms and educational standards;
- institutional partnership;
- Creating strategic educational alliances.
Components of internationalization:
1. At the management level:
- the existence of an internationalization policy and strategy aimed at developing the export of educational services;
- leadership in the process of internationalization - initiation of measures aimed at the development of internationalization, support of employee initiatives.
2. At the level of teachers and staff:
- teaching mobility (admission: participation of foreign teachers in the educational process);
- teaching mobility (business trip: participation of university professors in the educational process of foreign universities);
- participation in videoconferences, development and realization of distance learning courses;
- participation in international conferences, international scientific projects, joint research, preparation of joint publications;
- participation in international educational projects, creation of joint international educational programs;
- presence of international content in the content of disciplines;
- lectures in foreign languages;
3. At the student level:
- language training of students;
- training of foreign students, student mobility (admission: training of students of foreign universities);
- participation in joint educational programs organized in the educational institution, both short-term and with the award of a diploma;
- student mobility (business trip: included study of students at universities abroad, foreign practice, study programs);
- involvement of students in research work on international topics.
1.2. Internationalization Guidelines:
1. Ensure the quality of the training programs offered at home and abroad.
2. Recognize that quality teaching and research are possible in the presence of teaching staff and working conditions that meet high standards of quality created for its members.
3. Develop, maintain or improve existing internal quality management systems to maximize the use of the competencies of all stakeholders - faculty, administrative staff, students and graduates - by the higher education institutions.
4. Organize consultations with the competent quality assurance and accreditation bodies, and comply with the requirements of those authorities in the host country when providing transboundary higher education services, including distance education programs.
5. To share experience in effective working methods by participating in the work of industry organizations and inter-university networks at national and international levels.
6. To create and promote the work of networks and working groups in order to stimulate the process of recognition of academic degrees awarded by higher education institutions that are members of such networks and working groups.
7. Use codes of good practice (Code of Good Practice for Transnational Education, prepared by UNESCO and the Council of Europe, as appropriate, prepared by UNESCO and the Council of Europe "Recommendation on Criteria and Procedures for Assessment of Foreign Degrees", etc.), as appropriate.
8. Disseminate accurate, reliable and accessible information on external and internal quality assurance criteria and procedures, academic and professional recognition of degrees and qualifications awarded by higher education institutions, and complete descriptions of programs and qualifications including desirable knowledge, understanding and skills descriptions, that a successful student needs to develop.
9. Ensure transparency of the financial status of the educational institution and (or) the proposed educational program.
1.3. Legal framework of internationalization education.
The strategy of internationalization of Lviv University of Trade and Economics is based on the basic documents on the modernization of higher education in the conditions of post-industrial society and development of the knowledge economy:
- international - Communication of European Ministers of Education “Making the most of our potential: consolidating the European Higher Education Area”, Mobility Strategy of the European Higher Education Area until 2020 “Mobility for Improving Education”, Joint statement by the participants of the 3rd Bologna Policy Forum Of the Bologna Process: Creation and Interaction of National, Regional and Global Higher Education Spaces ”, adopted within the framework of the VIII Conference of Ministers of Education of the participating countries of Bologna the 3rd Bologna Political Forum (April 26-27, 2012 in Bucharest, Romania), Ukraine's international agreements;
- national - Law of Ukraine “On Higher Education” No. 1556-VII of 01.07.14, Status of Ukraine as an Associate Member of the Framework Program for Research and Innovation of the European Union “Horizon 2020”, CMU Regulation No. 579 “On the Procedure for Exercising the Right to Academic Mobility ”,
- local - Statute of Lviv University of Trade and Economics (hereinafter - LUTE), Program of further development of educational and scientific activity of Lviv Trade and Economic University, Regulations on Academic Mobility of Higher Education Applicants of Lviv Trade and Economic University.
2. REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONALIZATION
The legal framework for the internationalization of education establishes certain requirements for universities in the field of international cooperation, including:
- increase in the share of programs implemented in universities in foreign languages;
- creation and implementation of innovative educational products, including joint programs with leading foreign universities, programs that have been validated by leading foreign universities, other forms of international recognition;
- raising the level of competence of the teaching staff in mastering foreign languages for the development of educational programs in foreign languages;
- an increase in the structure of the university's revenue share of funds received from export of educational services;
- increasing the proportion of foreign students in the total number of full-time students;
- development of mobility of students, teachers and administrative and management staff;
The target requirements for the level of implementation of the requirements for international cooperation of LUTE are:
1. Implementation of the principles of the Bologna Process.
2. Increase in the flow of academic mobility: outgoing mobility of students, teachers and staff; inbound mobility of foreign students, teachers and staff; the proportion of the number of students of the University who have completed study abroad at least a semester in the total number of students of the University; the number of students of foreign universities who have completed at least a semester of LUTE educational programs per 100 students of the University.
3. Increasing the number of innovative educational products, including: joint programs that have received international recognition; increasing the share of educational programs in foreign languages; improving the level of competence of the teaching staff in mastering foreign languages.
4. Increase in the number of foreign students studying at the LUTE, increase in the number of foreign students in pre-university courses or those who study Ukrainian; increasing the number of foreign graduate students; increasing the number of international students studying at LUTE using distance technologies.
5. Increase in the share of revenues from export of educational services and from international activities, including: increase in the number of submitted applications for financing international scientific and educational projects; the amount of funds received by universities for the implementation of research and development from foreign citizens and foreign legal entities; the amount of funds from educational activities received by universities from foreign citizens and foreign legal entities.
6. Increase in the number of international events held at the University: increase in the number of short-term lectures and seminars with the participation of visiting leading foreign scientists in the format of "visiting professors".
7. Increase in the number of publications of teachers and staff of the University in foreign editions.
8. Increasing the number of contracts with foreign universities.
9. Increasing number of foreign full-time teachers.
10. Increase in the number of international networks of which LUTE is a member.
3. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF INTERNATIONALIZATION
3.1. Strategic planning.
An important feature of Lviv University of Trade and Economics is its geographical location: close proximity to borders with EU countries and large international traffic flows. This activity requires significant modernization of the structure of educational programs of Lviv University of Trade and Economics, development of new educational programs aimed at teaching Ukrainian-speaking groups of residents of neighboring countries, English-language programs for foreign students and joint educational programs with foreign partners. This activity requires the creation in the structure of educational programs of Lviv University of Trade and Economics a set of new subjects, the level of preparation for which must meet the requirements presented in the leading universities of Ukraine. The next step in this path is the creation of a set of elite masters programs (including - joint with foreign partners), which, in turn, requires the development of a number of areas of applied and basic research. As a result, the LUTE, while retaining its primary function as an educational, intellectual, cultural, scientific and expert center of the Lviv region, should, by separate positions, reach the level of global competitiveness and / or leadership and take a worthy place in the pan-European university community.
3.2. Mission of the international activity of Lviv University of Trade and Economics: to promote the internationalization of the Lviv region as a border area of Ukraine through the introduction of international requirements in the educational process, training for the needs of the international business community, creating the image of the University as a center of international scientific and educational activities, export of educational services.
3.3. Strategic goals of international activity of Lviv Trade and Economic University.
1. Ranking in the Top 100 rating of Ukrainian universities in the block of assessment "Internationalization".
2. Introducing international requirements into the educational process and creating an international atmosphere at the University.
3. Increasing the level of integration into international educational and scientific networks.
4. Formation of infrastructure and institutional conditions for the mobility of students, teachers and researchers.
5. Improving the quality of joint educational programs, educational programs for exchange students, supplementary education programs for foreign students.
6. Increasing the efficiency of international project activity.
7. Expansion of export of educational services.
8. Positioning of LUTE in the international educational market of higher education.
3.4. Strategic goals of the University's activities to achieve strategic goals.
1. Entry in the Top 100 rating of Ukrainian universities in the block of assessment "Internationalization":
1.1. Formation of a plan to reach a critical level of indicators of the ranking methodology of universities in the group "International activity".
1.2. Implementation of the plan to reach the critical level of indicators of the ranking methodology of universities in the group "International activity".
2. Introducing international requirements into the educational process and creating an international atmosphere at the University:
2.1. Increasing the level of command of foreign languages and intercultural communication by scientific and pedagogical staff.
2.2. Internationalization of infrastructure, including library.
2.3. Internationalization of extra-curricular activities of students.
2.4. Internationalization of teaching staff.
3. Increasing the level of integration into international educational and scientific networks:
3.1. Establishing international strategic alliances with the University.
3.2. Development of cooperation with international organizations.
3.3. Development of international inter-university cooperation.
4. Formation of infrastructure and institutional conditions for the mobility of students and teachers.
4.1. Formation of infrastructure and institutional conditions for outbound student mobility.
4.2. Formation of infrastructure and institutional conditions for outgoing mobility of teachers.
4.3. Formation of infrastructure and institutional conditions for student inbound mobility.
4.4. Developing the infrastructure and institutional setting for inbound mobility for teachers.
5. Improving the quality of joint educational programs, educational programs for exchange students, supplementary education programs for foreign students.
5.1. Internationalization of existing educational programs:
5.2. Increase in the number of educational programs implemented in foreign languages.
5.3. Expanding the range of academic courses for exchange students, creating international modules in the structure of existing educational programs.
5.4. Obtaining international accreditation of educational programs implemented jointly with foreign partners.
5.5. Expanding the range of additional educational programs for international students.
6. Improving the effectiveness of international project activity:
6.1. Increasing the number of applications for participation in international projects.
6.2. Increase in revenues from international project activity.
6.3. Internationalization of scientific research.
7. Expansion of export of educational services:
7.1. Increasing number of international students.
7.2. Increasing number of foreign graduate students.
7.3. Increase in number of foreign students of preparatory courses.
8. Positioning of LUTE in the international educational market of higher education:
8.1. Conducting an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the University, forming a strategy for positioning LUTE in the global market of educational services.
8.2. Development of university brand and corporate identity.
8.3. Development of advertising materials in different languages for foreign target audiences.
8.4. Improving the efficiency of the University's website, translating it into several languages.
8.5. Strengthening the image of the University as a border educational and scientific center.
4. INSTRUMENTS OF INTERNATIONALIZATION
4.1. Monitoring of the requirements of the rating of Ukrainian universities in the block of assessment "Internationalization".
4.2. Annual adjustment of strategic and setting of tactical goals of internationalization taking into account monitoring results.
4.3. Internationalization of infrastructure (duplication of information in buildings and other buildings of LUTE in English, basic training of service personnel in the basics of spoken English).
4.4. Improvement of language training of teachers and administrative staff, development of a system of motivation of scientific-pedagogical staff and staff who speak foreign languages.
4.5. Formation of a tutor institute for foreign students, development of programs for socio-cultural adaptation of foreign students, graduate students and interns.
4.6. Development of "friendships" of foreign students of LUTE.
4.7. Stimulating the participation of LUTE structural units in the process of internationalization (motivation of units and individual employees to participate in international activities: applying, establishing partnerships, etc., ranking of teachers by international activity).
4.8. Establishment of an institute responsible for international activities at the faculties of LUTE.
4.9. Development of library infrastructure, providing access to international library resources.
4.10. Involvement of foreign teachers and scientists in academic studies and scientific and technical research.
4.11. Organization and holding of student festivals, national culture days, sports events.
4.12. Development and publication of teaching materials, textbooks in foreign languages.
4.13. Creating strategic international alliances, consortia, joining existing international education and research networks.
4.14. Increase in the number of contracts with foreign higher education institutions.
4.15. Strengthening LUTE's interaction with international networks, organizations and foundations.
4.16. Development of LUTE interaction with international scholarship programs.
4.17. Creating a model for effective network project management based on the distribution of responsibilities and the establishment of areas of responsibility.
4.18. Expansion of international cooperation at the level of scientific and pedagogical workers, departments, faculties.
4.19 Development of academic exchanges of students, masters, doctoral students.
4.20. Development of professorial and scientific exchange.
4.21. Cost optimization for the implementation of academic mobility programs (approval of academic mobility standards).
4.22. Development of a unified system for assessing the level of language proficiency in students and teaching staff, aimed at internships.
4.23. Improvement of infrastructural conditions of reception of foreign students and teachers (hostels, canteens, etc.).
4.24. Increasing the number of scholarships to support international academic mobility.
4.25. Improving the quality of language training for students and staff participating in academic mobility programs.
4.26. Improvement of procedures for recognition of periods of study and practice that have been passed abroad.
4.27. Increase in the number of international programs, programs in foreign languages, double diploma programs.
4.28. Improving the quality of additional education programs for foreign students, including the program “Ukrainian as a Foreign Language”.
4.29. Development of educational programs that take into account the specifics of the border situation of Lviv region.
4.30. Expanding the spectrum and improving the quality of educational programs for exchange students (creating a portfolio of educational programs, disciplines and modules in English).
4.31. Accreditation of LUTE educational programs at reputable international agencies and organizations.
4.32. Creation of joint international educational, social and cultural programs on the summer school system.
4.33. Development of mobility programs for graduate students.
4.34. Increase in the number of applications for participation in international scientific and educational projects.
4.35. Development of a system of motivation of LUTE employees to submit project applications and participate in international projects and programs.
4.36. Formation of the list of priority scientific directions in which the project applications will be submitted.
4.37. Development of a training program for LUTE project management staff.
4.38. Establishment of a centralized fund of the university to support initiative international projects.
4.39. Development of author's educational programs in foreign languages.
4.40. Expanding contacts with foreign agencies to recruit foreign students; participation in international educational services fairs.
4.41. Development of distance learning forms for foreign students.
4.42. Development of an online registration system for international educational programs.
4.43. The development of LUTE's staffing capacity in the field of work with foreign students is proportional to the growth of the number of foreign students, as well as bringing it in line with the norms and practices adopted in other universities of Ukraine.
4.44. Development of the system of evaluation of foreign documents on education.
4.45. Flexible module programs were created some training and additional education.
4.46. Establishment of a foreign language testing center at LUTE.
4.47. Development and conducting of advanced training courses for foreign teachers and specialists.
4.48. Improvement of LUTE site (translation into several languages).
4.49. Development of marketing materials of the university in a single style (study-guide, sights).
4.50. Conducting studies of the educational markets of the countries where the enrollment of students is planned. Development of measures to promote the educational services of LUTE abroad.
4.51. Carrying out a SWOT-analysis of the university's educational programs, choosing priority areas of activity on which the marketing strategy will be built.
4.52. University brand development (positioning attribute: hospitality, home atmosphere, etc.).
4.53. Participation in international congress and exhibition activities.
4.54. Expanding the number of international symposia, conferences, seminars held by the University.
4.55. Strengthening the prestige of LUTE in the field of scientific research by increasing the number of publications by teachers and staff of the University in foreign publications.